Oh, hey there! Are you one of the breakfast eaters or are you a skipper?
Of course, this breakfast should be an ideal (a.k.a healthy) meal, not a poor quality one!
It seems that we are obliged to skip our breakfast meal for reasons like early morning working hours, being stuck in traffic, tough working conditions, or just being unwilling to prepare breakfast.
If we look from the scientific perspective, recent studies show that the ideal breakfast meal should meet 20-35% of our daily energy consumption. It includes adequate macro and micronutrients for better appetite control, feeling more active mentally and physically the rest of the day, higher cognitive performance (which is really important in our work life), good levels of well-being, and generally higher quality of life.
However, I can hear you say, “We, the people who work hard, do not have time for it!” Well, this writing leads you to eat, not to skip, and shows that there is no excuse!
Let’s figure it out!
Here are 5 healthy but quick breakfast ideas!
1. Savior: Overnight Oats!
We all know that oats are one of the easiest ways to feed ourselves. It’s not a worldwide traditional food, but it’s becoming trendier day by day. It’s a savior for us, the people who are working hard, who don’t have enough time for taking care of our health, but have grumbling stomachs!
Let’s see what’s in it:
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 200 ml milk (If you want lower calories, you can choose skim or semi-skim milk; or if you’re vegan, you can choose plant-based milks, such as coconut milk, almond milk, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 thin slices of pineapple OR 1 handful of blueberries OR 10 strawberries OR 1 middle-sized apple OR 1/2 banana
- 5-6 almonds or hazelnuts, a pinch of coconut flakes or 2 walnuts (chopped)
- Cinnamon, if desired
- 1 teaspoon cacao or ground coffee, if you want to be more awake and energetic!
Mix them all in a small jar, and close it up tightly. Put it in the fridge. Your amazingly delicious overnight oats will be ready for the next morning! You can enjoy it at home or at work. Enjoy!
2. To Ketogenic Lovers: Puffy Muffins
Yes, you’ve heard right! Muffins for ketogenic lovers, but muffins made in the ketogenic way. Healthy and quick breakfast options for the ketogenic people may be hard sometimes, but not impossible.
Here is the recipe;
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/4 avocado, mashed
- Greens, such as parsley, green onion, dill, etc., chopped
Mix the eggs well, then add coconut oil and avocado, then stir. Take a muffin pan, spray some oil, or you can use coconut oil instead. Put some chopped greens in the pan, then pour the egg mix into it. Then, put it right into the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Your puffy muffins will be ready.
Meanwhile, you can get ready for work while it’s cooking!
3. The Trendiest: Smoothie Bowls
Are you looking for fresh and nourishing options at the same time? Or different options other than classic breakfasts? Well, smoothies would be a good fit for you. And quicker!
Meal prep is always a good idea, therefore put the fruits you like in the freezer the night before. The next morning, take out the fruits, slice them into pieces. Add them in the blender. Blend it until smooth and creamy. Add yogurt or kefir or milk (also vegan milk) and blend again, then pour it to a bowl, and top with healthy snacks.
Here’s sample smoothie bowl recipe:
- 1 handful of frozen berries
- 1/2 frozen ripe banana
- 2 tablespoon yogurt or 100 ml kefir/milk
- 1 tablespoon almond/nut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
The whole process will be done in 5 minutes maximum!
4. Delicious Duo: AvoBread and NutBread
Are you one of the people who love salty and sweet meals together? Great! Because I have a breakfast option for you all. Remember, there are always healthier ways to feed our body.
For the perfect duo;
- 2 slices of bread (especially the healthy and full of fiber ones with whole grain or rye or buckwheat etc.)
- 1/4 avocado
- 1,5 teaspoon peanut butter (no added sugar or homemade sugarless ones)
- 1 egg, hardboiled or cooked in pan
- 1 teaspoon jam (no added sugar or homemade sugarless ones)
- A pinch of black seeds, flax seeds, poppy or chia seeds
Mash the avocado, coat one slice of healthy bread. Divide the boiled egg into two, put it on the bread with mashed avo. And then, sprinkle some seed. It’s ready to enjoy!
Second, coat the other slice of healthy bread with peanut butter, then with jam. You can also use fresh fruit instead of jam. If you like, sprinkle some seed on that, too!
With a cup of herbal tea or filtered coffee, it’ll also be the perfect trio!
5. Last, but not least: Healthy Burrito
Want a tasty burrito? A healthier one? Even at breakfast? Well, why not?
Then, here is your recipe:
- 1 tortilla with whole grain or rye
- 3 slices of smoked turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 30 gr cheese
- A pinch of salt and blackpepper
- Fresh vegetables, such as bell peppers, tomatoes and greens
Make an omelette with the egg, milk, and cheese. Add some spices into the omelette. After that, take the tortilla, and spread the omelette down the center of the bread. Add the rest of the ingredients above. Fold each opposite side, then roll it up. And done! Enjoy your burrito!