This month on the series of Vivoo Wellness Talks we have our beloved Vivooer Nicole. She shares how Vivoo helped her track – and tweak – dietary choices for better weight management. Psst: she also shares her best, well-kept wellness secret!
1. Hi Nicole, please tell us about yourself and what you do.
My name is Nicole. I enjoy walking my dog, crafts, and singing and acting.
2. What does a typical day look like for you in terms of investing in your wellness?
I have to keep a fine balance between keeping moving, and resting. I have lived with arthritis in my spine for the last 20 years.
3. How do you feel about your current state of health and wellness? What are the tools you use to stay on track with your wellness?
I am struggling with knee pain and exhaustion at the moment. I am keeping up some exercise by short dog walks, then resting in between. I am monitoring my diet with Vivoo to ensure I keep my weight from going too high.
4. What made you decide to use some of those tools?
Walking helps to stop my joints from getting too stiff, and also is good for mental health. I rest a lot to help keep my fatigue and pain in check.
5. How did you come across Vivoo? What was your first impression?
I was looking for glucose sticks online, having been recently diagnosed with prediabetes. Having to balance numerous health conditions, I thought the Vivoo test sticks would be very helpful for self monitoring. If any issues show up, I then make an appointment to see my GP, for further investigation and advice.
6. How has Vivoo contributed to your overall wellness, which feature is your favorite?
I have consulted the GP when issues show up, which led to blood tests and follow up with GP. If necessary problems can be treated or investigated earlier, rather than later.
7. Do you find Vivoo convenient to integrate into your daily life? Do you think Vivoo is user friendly?
I find Vivoo very easy and convenient to use. The only problem I have is remembering to do the test.
8. Besides Vivoo, what is your best-kept wellness secret?
Eating lots of fish, and taking vitamin D.
9. What’s your top advice for your friends who are looking to start a healthier lifestyle? Would you recommend Vivoo?
Exercise daily, eat well, and think of your own needs, as well as others. I would recommend Vivoo to help monitor your wellness.